Student Paper Competition
Cutoff Deadline for Registration and Hotel Reservations has been extended to March 31
The Region Student Papers Competition is jointly sponsored by IEEE Region 5 and the IEEE Life Members Fund.
This contest encourages the development of technical communication skills. The competition includes an oral presentation and written paper related to technical, engineering, management, or societal aspects of subjects relevant to the IEEE.
Deadlines for Paper Submissions:
- Local Competitions (LC): February 16, 2015 (verify with your Section or Branch Counselor)
- Area Competitions (AC): February 23, 2015 (verify with your Area Chair)
- Regional Competition (RC): March 20, 2015 (originally March 30 – adjusted to meet the early registration deadline)
Oral Presentation: Saturday, April 18, 2015. Orientation begins at 8:00am in room TBA.
- North Area (KS, MO, OK, & southern IL): George R Dean
- East Area (AR, LA, & east TX): Edit J Bourgeois
- South Area (TX, except east and west TX): T Scott Atkinson
- West Area (CO, southern WY, S/W NE, west TX, & S/W NM): James R Look
Awards: Regional contest winners shall be announced at the Saturday Conference Banquet. The decisions of the judges are final. Certificates are awarded to the winning papers. Cash prizes will be given for the Area and Region Competitions as shown. Prizes are per winning entry, not per author.
1st Place – $250
2nd Place – $150
3rd Place – $75
1st Place – $800
2nd Place – $500
3rd Place – $200