IEEE Region 5 Student Circuit Design Competition
The Student Electronic Circuit Design Contest is sponsored by the Region 5 IEEE Committee. This contest provides a specific technical problem for a student team to solve.
Eligibility: The Student Circuit Design Competition invites the Student Branches and Eta Kappa Nu Chapters at universities throughout the region to send one, two-member undergraduate team to compete in the competition. The students must register for the IEEE Region 5 Student Conference and must be a current or pending IEEE or IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu membership. There is no additional cost beyond student conference registration and IEEE membership. Team substitutions are at the discretion of the competition chair. Only one team is allowed from each IEEE Student Branch or IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu Chapter due to space limitations.
Intent to Compete and Registration
Each team MUST complete the online Intent to Compete form (below). Space is limited so that competition registration will close when the available space for ten (10) teams is filled. The first team to register from each student branch will have priority unless otherwise designated by the branch counselor. Other teams from the same university will be allowed as space permits.
- Each team will be sent a set of parts (at most $10 each), a design task and rubric
- Teams will need access to basic test and measurement equipment, wires, tools and bread boards to design their circuit in the allotted time
- Teams will be evaluated using a rubric related to the circuit performance
- The complete rubric and demo of their circuit will be used to judge entries. Demonstrations to require ~5-10 minutes each
- Circuit to be built is being finalized